Thursday, August 29, 2013

What Stamps would Jesus Use?

 Well, I imagine if he were walking the Earth the past decade or so and mailed you a letter, a good possibility exists that he would have franked the letter with some of these. He'd also probably be stopped and searched trying to enter Jerusalem and tried and convicted for being part of an extremist organization. I can't find this sheet in my catalogue for one reason or another. I'm not sure why, but it does exist. I'm guessing the singles listed all come from sheets like this. I'm also confused because the stamps in my catalogue like this are all overprinted in 1994.




Update..........As usual, Gordon Lee Groves  from the group Stamp Collecting on Facebook answered a couple questions and pointed out the error of my ways by leaving this comment in the post of this I left on the group page...............First of all, it is a pane of stamps and not a sheet. (A sheet consists of two or more panes.) Second, it was issued 1 September 1994 and is listed in Scott as number 2. Depicted is the Hisham Palace in Jericho. It is also on the 5-mils and the 20-mils. The 30, 40, 50 and 75-mils stamps, issued the same day, show the Jerusalem Mosque. A 1000-mils, also issued on the 1st of September, shows the Dome of the Rock. The other four stamps in this 13 stamp set, were issued 15 August 1995 and are denominated between 125-mils and 500-mils and depict the Palestinian Authority Flag.


JimmyB

No comments: