Friday, February 24, 2006

Lincoln memorial

I visited this site in 8th grade with my school class on a bus trip. Lots of kids travel on school trips here every year. Actually, I must say that the Congressional building is the best place to see. A tour of that is awesome to say the least. Particularly the statues that are inside. Of course the Smithsonian is my favorite place, but you won't need a tour guide for that!!!

I recieved an approval pack today, looks like nice stuff reasonably priced. Address in Canada. It's cool when you get older postage on letters. Especially for beginner collectors. Eventually old timers already seem to have the older stuff it seems, and just look for new stamps.

I may be too tired to post tomorrow, or rather not have enough time. I got a double shift starting 8 hours after my Friday night shift. Need to sleep. Plenty of posts to the rear if you've ever missed one.



1 comment:

Cees Prins said...

In The Netherlands we are not allowed to use old stamps. Now with the Euro, we still can use stamps with Hfl value, but we have to convert them to euro. (1 euro = 2.203 Hfl or so ( just already forgot the exact value) Still count when I buy something for Euro's how many Guilders(florin) it is.Not al the time, but it keeps you sharp with real prices...
10% of the Dutch people think it was good the EURO, so if you can count ............90% is not happy with it.