Friday, March 31, 2006

Hamilton




Never knew Hamilton was born in Nevis. I thought Presidents of the US had to be born in the USA? What gives? Any ideas? Perhaps if you lived in the US when it became the States you qualified. I'm gonna have to check this one out. OK, I got it, If you were a citizen at the time of adoption of the Constitution you could be Pres. Martin Van Buren was the first Pres born in the States and the 8th Pres. But this is about Hamilton, and I've been spoofed. He's on the 10 dollar bill and I wasn't sure if he was a president. My Debbie just said "yes, he's on the 10 dollar bill" fact is he wasn't. Also he was killed in a duel by the vice president of the United States Aaron Burr who was Jeffersons Vice. Born in Nevis and killed in a duel by the Vice President of the United States. Amazing.

JimmyB

No comments: