Friday, August 25, 2006

Switzerland


Tonights find is a sweet one. Picked from an old album I picked up.

I can only find two varieties of this gold 1 Franc stamp.

On white wove paper it's catalogued at 100US$ in the 03 book,used, which it appears. yellowish bronze '1864 is 325$ and granite paper is a 1,100$.

I haven't got my magnifier out yet(I'll no doubt update todays blog when I do), but it doesn't appear to be on granite paper by th bare eye(at least mine). As faR as the yellowish bronze....I'm not sure what that is referring too. It's too bad it was penciled on the back, but it isn't odd seeing that.

I found more stuff on the same page I'm a bit psyched about too!!!

Check it out on my next post.

If you've got a special knowledge or interest in these Swiss stamps, please drop a line. I'm open to anything.


JimmyB

No comments: