Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ryukyu



Sweet, I like the higher $$


I've seen Ryukyu advertised in stamp catalogues, never really gave them much thought till today.



These airmails look slick.



This piece of a postal card really gets me thinking.
Now I must have an entire Ryukyu postal card.
What don't I want?


I just saw the postal card on sale for $90 online. Maybe I'll hold on to this and wait for the postal card.


I came across these in a generous mixture I recieved for $10 in a Linn's advertisement. His advertisement said his strength was in classics and he was being honest. I really enjoyed sorting through half of it tonight.
Some China, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Romania, Ireland, Germany, Russia and Poland to name a few.
Ryukyu is a chain of islands that was part of Japan until WW2 when the US occupied it. I hope it rules itself now and doesn't need us there.
JimmyB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riukiu Islands.There are 98 of them. 47 are with people who live there.51 wthout.Total 4700 km² for all islands..
It is Japan. Okinawa (main island)has 90% of the 1,500.000 people who live there.

Unknown said...

I think calling the Ryukyus, Japan, is similar to calling Puerto Rico part of the United States. True, but not entirely.

JimmyB