Thursday, July 11, 2013

Austrian Air

 My brain has begun to hemorrhage from checking the catalogue for these three stamps. The U.N. #754 popped out at me but the rest are eluding me and I've seen both of them before and know it. Kind of like searching for Waldo.  From what I've read of this letter, little niecie is travelling in Europe and I've got a couple covers from her.  Don't miss out on my giveaway!  http://stampsandcovers.blogspot.com/2013/07/unesco-world-heritage.html?spref=fb


Edit....Thanks to Susan from the Facebook  group "Stamp Collecting" I've found the first stamp with the south compass heading to be a semi-postal #B310 in my catalogue. Looks like 8 views of Vienna series from all 8 quadrants of a compass located on the stamp!

Another edit.......Thanks to Gordon, also from FB "Stamp Collecting" says this.....The bluish black 50-groschen lithograph stamp at the bottom corner is part of the 1957-61 Architectural Monuments. It is Scott 619 issued October 23, 1959. Depicted on the stamp is the Heiligenstadt building in Vienna.

JimmyB


No comments: