Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Four Season's

 I've got no knowledge of Japan stamps at all, Elmer's mix included this complete set of 4 Japan Prefecture issues(Kyoto). Apparently(from a note in my catalogue) Prefecture stamps are only sold in the political subdivision(47 subdivisions) in which they are issued. I'm curious as to the reason behind this and if it isn't a ploy to sell more stamps to collectors or if funds from the sale help out the districts post offices. No clue on my part. These are a nice set pleasing to the eye depicting 4 distinct seasons. This set issued in October of 2000, is numbered Z437-440 in my book.

Update...Tomoaki Hakuto from the Facebook group collecting stamps writes me..... There is a district post office which summarized some prefectures. 
A plan and a sale are made in the area of jurisdiction. 
The quality of the stamp fell.
It plans and manufactures at the request of an area post office now. 
It can purchase now in the whole country.








JimmyB



No comments: