Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Year of the Rooster

This being the year of the dog, lets look back at a set from last years year of the Rooster. This is a colorful set from Hong Kong, China. 4 subspecies on the same number of denominations.

Notice the larger indents in the center of each side along the stamp perforations. This type of perforation has a special name which is eluding me. If you know what this name is please comment and let us know what that name is. Inquiring minds want to know.

These stamps lead me to mention Cees, who specializes in chicken stamps, I've placed a link to his new blog on my blogsite. He has several links on his blog that are also of interest.

The US is releasing a sheet of stamps this year containing a stamp from each year of the Chinese zodiak, having issued over the last 12 years every zodiac sign individually. All US collectors are sure to want to get this sheet, as I am sure many haven't gotten all the years for one reason or another.

JimmyB


2 comments:

Cees Prins said...

The perforation is called elliptical hole. Invention of this was England. Think the first issue was 1992 Castle serie (high value's) Printend by Harrison. If I am wrong, please correct me. Realy nice set of chickenstamps, just have $ 3.00 on regular envelope( bought it on last meeting of our club) So I have some content today, however not on my blog....
Cees

Cees Prins said...

Or is it tomorrow now !!!
No today, lol