Sunday, February 05, 2006

United Nations FDC



Going thru a cigar box, I came across this Human Rights Day 10th Anniversary FDC. No clue how I got it, must have been awhile ago. It was in one of MY cigar boxes, not a cigar box I've recieved from several such ads in Linn's that are always packed full of interesting stuff.
I've always been intrigued by the fact that the UN issues there own stamps, these bear the New York postmark. I can't recall the other UN postal localities just now, I'll have to dig out the book and let you know(if you don't already) in another post.
I see that Canada is going to issue 4 stamps commemorating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Ontario Horticultural Association. The 4 51 cent stamps will each show a different type of garden. I only see three of the samples on the cover of Linn's. Perhaps the 4th depicts a marijuana garden?!! From what I've read, that seems to be the big thing to grow up there.

No comments: