Wednesday, April 26, 2006

4th of July postmark and haystack

This caught my eye from my friends set of Post Cards. It's sent on the 4th of July. 1906. When did the postal workers get the 4th off finally? Actually I think some still do, but the post offices themselves are closed. Someone out there knows the answer.

Here's the "haystack" I referred to on Suzi's blogspot(I'll post a link when I get som extra time permament). http://suzisstamps.blogspot.com/

If you like to get big mixtures, and would like a variety, this is exactly as she describes it. I liked the stack. I remember getting some interesting stamps and got a good diverse assortment. If you order one from her, write her and say Jim Beranis referred you and my NEW!!! NEW!!! address is 902 Sycamore St,
Belleville, IL
62220

Thank you, thank you very much. Hehe, my Presley imitation.


JimmyB

3 comments:

- alts. said...

You;ve got a really interesting site here!

- alts. said...

You've got a really interesting site here!

Cees Prins said...

And so say all of us.....