Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Cape of Good Hope

Wow, I'm back!!!! Big Holiday weekend trip with 12 hour workshifts on both sides of it. I'm back to 8's now so I've got some time.

I visited my sister on her 25 acre horse farm. She's got 6 Arabians she rescued that were in terrible condition. They've got a long road to recovery, but with the help of donations she's getting them better. OK, her husband is helping too, can't leave him out.

Here's a nice stamp, one of my better ones. #3. There are plenty of sea stories concerning the Cape of Good Hope. Issued in 1857, printed by Perkins, Bacon & Co.

JimmyB

2 comments:

Cees Prins said...

http://images.google.nl/images?q=tbn:8p7AacBk6nEb4M:www.capeoptions.com/cape.jpg

For a nice picture of the Cape. The stories are mostly sad. Hard to round the cape in earlier stormy times.

Nice stamp, there is antoher one to get........

Unknown said...

There is always another to get. Sad mostly but real adventure. Gritty stuff.
JimmyB