Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lithuania



OK, this partial set of 3 stamps has a bit of interest for a few collectors.

One, it's shape, for those freaks out there who only collect triangle stamps.



Two, it's an airmail, for the airdales collecting just airmail stamps, this set dates 1932.


What else? HMM.. I'm stretching it now, but if your a topical collector of battles, the first two depict the Battle of Shauyai. Like I said, I'm stretching it now.

Oh yes, my last name is given me from my great grandfather who immigrated from there.

I do have this set of 3 available to the first person wanting it(if you can mail me a letter from one of the countries I need for my collection). Email me first before sending me a letter though, to insure I don't promise it to more then one person.

JimmyB

No comments: