Friday, September 22, 2006

Tanna Tuva


Not exactly one of the places people know. From 1926 to 1933 it issued stamps. On the Mongolian Siberian border.

Yesterdays triangle stamps made me grab these tonight. While these are not rare, by the same token, they are not common either.

With an overprint, the value shoots up like a hundred dollars.

HMMM. Why the heck do I suddenly want the two overprints?

Must be a case of the stamp fever.

I need more money then I got, for what I want.

Click on the image for a closer view.

I still need covers from Thailand, Sri Lanka, Madagascar, heck, the whole region. I need one from New Zealand too. That would be awesome.

JimmyB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hom much are stamps from Tanna Tuva worth

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid I got started in stamp collecting, ran acrosss this country by chance, fell in love with the stamps and couldn't collect enough of them. I must have had every one ever printed.
Eventually I grew up and stopped collecting. God only knows where my collectiion wound up. My mother probably gave it all away.
But, it was great fun as a kid.