Sunday, December 03, 2006

Israel and ice storm

It rained all night last Thursday while the temperature was below freezing. The ice that formed around power lines and tree branches was over 1 inch in thickness in many places.

As you can see from a photo along the side of my house, everything has been pulled down. Power lines and trees. Power poles down my street are bowing to the ground.

Temps were 10's and single digits this morning(That's -10's Celsius)

I've reattached my electric service lines to the house and now await electricity.

I managed to get a generator to run my furnace, turn on my two fishtanks and post a blog.




I recieved this dynamite cover from LondonBus. Many many thanks.

If you have an interest in GB anywhere from beginner to high experience check out MSN's Great Britain Stamp Club. The Bus is not long to arrive.

Telefilia '93 Israel-Romania.... A highly prized stamp in my quest.










JimmyB

2 comments:

Cees Prins said...

Hello Jimmy,

See that the first "needs" also included blogging...
Hope everything is working out in a good way.
Do the have Ico Storms in Israel too?? Maybe only Bus knows...
Cees

Cees Prins said...

Ice Storms