Thursday, January 18, 2007

Howdy Doody!!!


Howdy Doody!!!
I just like that phrase.

That's what got me to look at a $5.00 ad in a U.S. stamp publication classified ad. His address is in IL as is mine. I slipped a 5 with no note besides howdy doody and a short time later got my return.



I was impressed to say the least. A great time looking at something new for me.


My friend at work.......Hi Mike!!!.....who is not a stamp collector had some time and was willing to look at my return, and also some WW that another friend had brought in for me. I handed him a stamp tong and he actually checked out EVERY stamp.
Most amusing to me was his interest in a machin. Much to my chagrin, I am not a machin man. GB is awesome, but I lose it on machins. Check out http://groups.msn.com/StampsofGreatBritain/_whatsnew.msnw is what I would tell someone and meet some machin lovers.
Mike you haven't seen anything until you've seen all the machins. Or should I say "Is it possible to see all the machins?". He was quick to spot another with a heavy cancel and knew right away which one he liked.


I'm guessing the bottom one is a Tuna. Here we go from my book.
Hake
Deep-sea fishing trawler(duh)
Mackeral
Pilchard
Dentex macrophthalmus(I couldn't find a common name)
another type of Mackeral
Otolithes macrognathus(again no common name)
and Lichia vadigo....oops I guessed wrong.
JimmyB



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enough with all the B/S!! Hope you like first shift.

Cees Prins said...

Stamps are B/S ???
Don't think so....

Like the fish-stamps even if they are from Bulgaria.

greetings,
cees

Unknown said...

I think Mike was refering to the B/S about him checking out the stamps. He was the person I mentioned checking out every stamp.

Carefull what you say here Mike!!! I've learned that lesson well on the internet.

JimmyB