Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mixture reviews

 I've always enjoyed reading the "anonymous" mixture purchase reviews in Linn's weekly stamp magazine/paper. I've decided to begin my own personal mixture purchase review from it's advertising section at the back of the paper. I'm going to begin the same such style review, albeit on a monthly basis rather than their weekly review. Tomorrow I'm sending off for a mixture and after I receive it I'll dissect what kind of a "deal" I received and I'll let everyone see what I really got and give my opinion and let everyone else put their own 2 cents in.
 I try not to make multiple posts in one day, but since I've decided to make a second post today I feel the need to show a stamp, or shall I say stamps.
 These are 3 stamps from one of those countries which is so insignificant that it probably generated more revenue from stamp collectors by having stamps printed and sold to them than it did by any other source. It existed for a mere 15 years and on a map basically looks like a small township in the Northeast corner of South Africa, of which it is now a part of. This is Venda # non existent in my catalogue. Venda does not even exist in my catalogue which shows how insignificant this stamp and country are. Hell, it must not have BEEN a country, but here is it's stamp.

 Edit.... OK, I found it in my book under South Africa. #'s 5,6 and 7.








JimmyB

No comments: