Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Smiles

 As I continue to sift thru the mixture I received for my first(and only to date) review purchase on my blog from Yersel which I posted last week, I continue to be happier and happier with the contents.
 Having being accustomed to receiving mixtures and looking them up only to find the stamp was of the lowest denominator in the set, It's so nice to find I have the two HIGHEST stamps in the series.
 Here I found the two highest in this 2009 Cultural Heritage of Slovakia release. This 2 Euro being unfathomably possible to receive in an ordinary mix I would typically have bought in the past.
 I fear I may want to make my next purchase from him again which would be much to the disadvantage in my plans of making regular purchases from differing dealers in order to give my readers an idea of who are good merchants to buy mixtures from.








JimmyB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What makes these so special?

Unknown said...

Nothing is particularly "special" about these stamps other than they are what are considered high value stamps because of the cost of them initially at the post office and that they are harder to come by in ordinary mail. Kind of like you see 46 cent stamps all the time, but $5 and $10 stamps are scarcer to come by. Now of course everyones buying forever stamps but you can still get high denomination stamps at the post if you want to mail a box with stamps instead of the computer receipt they normally stick on a box when you mail it.