Monday, August 12, 2013

Stretching on Birds

 This is a stretch for placing this Swedish stamp categorized as West Coast in a bird post, but hey, I see gulls trailing this fishing boat, don't you? Released in June of 1974 this is one in a set of 5 depictions of coatal scenes(ok, this one is actually OFF the coast).





 South Africa never seems to stop releasing animal and flora stamps. How many times can you put an elephant or a zebra on a stamp? Released in November of 2000 as a set of 5, here is the Lilac-Breasted Roller and the White-fronted Bee-eater. Really strikingly beautiful birds.








I promised a friend I met on the FB group stamp collecting that I would mention he has a Kilo of stamps off paper worldwide mixture for sale. Says it's roughly 4,500 stamps. He from the Arab Emirates and if your interested in contacting him he has a blog and it has contact information. I believe he wants $135 +shipping. Sounds like a good deal actually, but I'm sure he would accept offers also. This is a link to his blog  http://numisthing.blogspot.ae/


JimmyB

No comments: