Friday, August 23, 2013

Samurai warrior outfit mystery.

 Yesterday I mentioned in my blog that I had begun reading "The Western Way of War". Naturally I came across this stamp of Japan and instantly thought it'd be a great stamp to post with a tie to my previous days. It certainly is, but I just can't seem to find it in my catalogue. Maybe seem to is the wrong wording. I can't. If anyone knows when this was released and any interesting info, I'd appreciate a comment directly on this blog. If not and you'd prefer to comment in one of several groups I'm in I'll simply update my post below(as usual it seems) and credit you for the info.

Update... Kudos too Gordon Lee Groves from the group "Stamp Collecting" on Facebook for this identification....... It's one of five designs from a pane of ten stamps commemorating the 400th Anniv. of the Edo Shogunate. This 80-yen stamp depicts the Armor of Ieyasu Tokugawa. It is not watermarked and should be perforated 13x13-1/4. It was issued May 23, 2003. The Scott number is 2856c.


I feel much better now........



JimmyB

No comments: