Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Been there, Wish I Done That.

 This may come as a shock to most folks, but my job is not thrilling. I get all my enjoyment at work conversing with coworkers. I was conversing with a sweet gal named Ling and happened to mention(yeah, just happened to bring up) that I was searching for stamps and postcards. She in turn just says that she'll have her sister mail me a postcard from Australia. Wow, that shows you how nice she is. Zero interest herself in any philatelic endeavors whatsoever and boom, she's having her sister send me a card. Turns out to be a card of Perth, Australia which my ship(when I was a Navy Lad) pulled into. That was 30 years ago and how I've wished over the years I had a memento of it all. Also, it was franked with a 2013 stamp of a 40 spotted pardalote(yeah, I'm a bird nut also, with 4 birds who actually "converse" with me) which actually has about half that more spot's than 40. Also a pair of tourist spots(cripes, I unintentionally made a pun) in Australia(Fremantle's Fisherman's Wharf and Sydney's The Rocks) from 2008. Now she's telling me she's got some stamps for me and keeps forgetting to bring them in and I'm so unsure of how to show a little gratitude.







JimmyB

No comments: