Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ghana




Today I'd like to thank Samuel for the kind letter he sent me, telling me much about himself. It was sent on a postal envelope and is very greatly appreciated. I am returning the favor immediatly. So much is told in a letter and penpal letters truly are written in pen. The internet is nice for communication, but letters are so much more personal. Now I can add Ghana to the list of countries I have recieved mail from. Posted jan 13th it took just over two weeks to arrive. Pretty good time, all things considered.

I wonder if this postal stationary stamp is similar to actual stamps produced by Ghana? Does anyone have a clue? The flower looks similar to orchids I have seen. I have not gotten a chance to look up what actual flower it is. Western union is also printed on the envelope and I imagine that the envelope was purchased at a store that has a western union. So much to look into.

No comments: