Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Winter Olympics 2006/Franklin


Heres a look at the US Olympic stamp and sheet I mentioned a couple days ago. Pretty nice design I have to say. That's a compliment coming from me. I tend to dislike quite a bit of what the USPS puts out.
The only gripe I may have(gotta have one I guess), is that the olympic rings are all black and should be of different colors. Then again colored rings may have been looked at and decided against for visual effect.
Is anyone going to the games? I'd like to see what Italy's coming out with for the commemoration.

I was mistaken the other day when I said that the Franklin postal cards were not in at the post office. Mistaken in the sense that they were postal cards. They are postal ENVELOPES!!!

Today the post master said he didn't have Franklin postal cards, but he did have envelopes. Oops on my part. Franklin envelopes were released in January with his image for postage. Both on regular and business sized envelopes. I grabbed two of each in case someone would like one with whom I correspond with. They cost 47 cents apiece for customers buying them. I wonder how many people really use postal envelopes? Well, just look at yesterdays post and you will see one person who does.

Nice image of Franklin, I was expecting a white bust silhouette when I originally read about it awhile back(I think in Linn's news).

No comments: