Tuesday, January 10, 2006

King George V Silver Jubilee




This is one of my favorite specialty sets I've decided to work on until I'm too old to do anything but let my nurse change my diaper, the King George V Silver Jubilee series. I really got interested when I looked up a stamp I came across and found this website. http://www.philatel2.com/jubilee/index.htm
With 60 different countries/or groups if countries like Tobaggo and Trinided are counted together as one and several denominations of each set. There is a lot of stamps to get, well over 200 in the omnibus set. Most of the series of stamps has King George V set aside an engraving of Windsor Castle. There are several countries that came up with unique designs also ie. Canada and Australia. I'm no doubt going to need a plethora of these KGV Windsor castle stamps, as I'll need some way to continue working on them as it gets filled and different plate postion varieties exist.
Thanks to the members of http://groups.msn.com/AllNationsStampClub for visiting my blog on it's inaugural day and validating for me that the counter was working just fine.

No comments: