Monday, January 09, 2006

Tough seeking varieties of penpals


It's tough!! Everyone wants a penpal online, but most people today seem to go for email, What ever happened to letters by mail?
There are some nice writers out there, don't get me wrong. Just look at this nice cover I recently recieved from my friend Patrick in the Phillipines.
This is a perfect example of how to send a letter internationally. Notice how he didn't just grab a common international rate stamp? I love it. He'll be getting plenty of commemorative stamps on the next letter I send back to him!!!
Tomorrow I'll show a few British Commonwealth stamps I have and which I am in the hunt for getting the entire series of.

2 comments:

Cees Prins said...

Helly JimmyB,

Congratutations (or not?) with your blog. I also have had the idea, and still have,to take one but I think it is cost a lot of time and discipline (!) to keep it up every day.
Already have a personal site about chickens and stamps but to have content...
Indeed the way Patrick puts his letters on their way around the world is the right one. I like to do it also that way, but recent I lost some of that envelopes, maybe because of the outside looking ??
btw your card conclusion was right...
Will see you again
cees aka stampy6669

Cees Prins said...

I had to make an account to leave my comment.....

So you see what could happen....

stampy6669