Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hawaii and Columbus

Last week(or the weeks before) I had some Hawaii stamps. Well tonight, I've got a US Hawaii stamp. Common, but still a nice stamp. I'm sure I've got a better one, I just culled this from an extra's envelope.

Here's another common stamp. The Columbian series is a pricey set, especially the higher denominations. What got me curious about this is the cancellation. 7. Now what is that? The day of the month? I just know there are some of you out there, not large in number, who specialize in postmarks and even attempt to get all the numbers.

I'm going to have to investigate that postmark now. If you have a clue let me in on it.

Work is a beast and consumes most my time now, I still find time to bitch and moan about our President here in the US and continue to wonder why we accept such a derelict for a leader. I've come to the conclusion that politicians need to act and simply don't because they are afraid of political fallout.

JimmyB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm collecting stamps from all the Latin America counties, and also about the America's birth. I'm very interested in this Columbus series, and any stamp on the same subject. If you have something to sell, or want to change with brazilian materials, please contact me: ipocla@ig.com.br
Antonio - São Paulo - Brazil