Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Catalogue Confuses

 Now one would think that looking up a simple stamp should be easy. Why it becomes difficult for me is perhaps my gray matter is losing functionality. This appears to be #36 Germany. 1875-90   Typo. Perf 14.5 by 13.5. I follow so far up to here, Now comes my confusion, below this is ('90) for the year followed by the value used of $2.50. Next are 2 minor listings a. and b. with values listed. This stamp is neither purple nor dull violet purple(89) so it's not one of those. The postmark is '88 however, so it appears to me, a person who always seems to over analyze things, that this stamp is not listed here. It's got to be the major number stamp, but why on God's green earth did they put ('90) before the value which is listed for the stamp? Again, the stamp ran from 75-90.



 

JimmyB

2 comments:

KjellSB said...

Have you checked Michel Deutschland Spezial?
There are many variants not listed in a basic catalogue.

Unknown said...

No, I don't have one handy, let alone one without going thru hassles and $$ that undoubtedly far exceed the value of this. I just felt like I wanted to say what I did because it seemed like the common version to me looking at my book and it wasn't even listed. It's safe under lock and key in case it's the grail of stamps though. :)