Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cahokia Mounds Unesco

22 million cubic feet of earth make up this mound just 15 miles from my house. I didn't know about it until recently when I was in the Topicalstampsandpostcards group on yahoo and someone(actually several people) traded UNESCO cards. I looked up UNESCO on the internet and I DISCOVERED it. This place had a population of 20,000 between 1100 and 1200 AD. I was shocked when I saw how big it was and didn't even know it was here. Unesco, check it out. Lots of Sites Worldwide. Collecting postcards from them is a collectors challenge. Good Luck. I can readily get these cards for any postcard trades. If you just want the card, all you have to do is send me a letter requesting one. If you want it mailed in mint condition, please email me and we can see what kind of deal to work out. I have no problem collecting cards postally used. I know some of you collectors have better taste(and I admit you do) rightfully so. everyones got their own tastes. Mine is cheap beer and Captain Morgan.

Oh yeah, those two previous contests for SUPER CHEAPO prizes, that would still be nice in a collection are still open. No winners yet. The Let's Dance set of postal cards and the letter from the US with very nice Commemoratives. I'll even ask you what you want from my recent mint I have, or older commemoratives from the 40's 50's 60's and 70's maybe later too.

No comments: