Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wild Thing


I picked up these sheets at the Post today. They are probably going to be a top ranked stamp by the USPS this year in my book. Joint issue? Michael Dodd mentioned this recently on his blog. Was this just a GB/US joint deal?

I'm a bit perpuzzled over the choices of animals on this set. Some must be modern figures that someone like me raised in the 60's on kids books, wouldn't recognize.

Wild thing, Curious George, and the Dr Suess character I can relate to. As far as Wilbur, well that was a novel for grade schoolers, not really a picture book. The rest of these characters are a bit alien to me.

Nice stamps however, sure to be on letters I send out to my pals(when I get a chance).

None of the new postage rate stamps have arrived at my local Post yet. The 63 cent domestic rate or the new 84 cent inernational rate. I read somewhere that the post office is having to delay shipments because of the high demand by everyone. Like these guys didn't know the increase was coming up and were caught off guard.

I've got nothing better to do then rag about my own postal service I guess. I'm not alone, I have read a lot of rags about the GB post by their patrons. US and GB probably have the most gripes of all the countries online I'll bet.

No comments: