Sunday, September 22, 2013

Missing Just One

 This is one of my favorites as far as issues go. 1962's QE2 Hong Kong. I'm missing the $5 stamp and my catalogue describes 2 different types of each one. Ordinary and chalky paper. Now what in the world is mean't by that and how does one go about detrming if they have either one or the other? I notice that the right edge of her face has a shine to it as though from a light and don't know if this is an offset in the printing or just the natural glow of this hot chicka's beauty. I'm guessing it's a tad offset.








JimmyB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the Scott definition of chalky paper: A chalk-like substance coats the surface of chalky-paper to discourage the cleaning and reuse of canceled stamps, as well as to provide a smoother, more acceptable printing surface. Because the designs of stamps printed on chalky paper are imprinted on what is often a water-soluble coating, any attempt to remove a cancellation will destroy the stamp. DO NOT soak these stamps in any fluid. To remove a stamp printed on chalky paper from an envelope, wet the paper from underneath the stamp until the gum dissolves enough to release the stamp from the paper.

Old Patriot said...

I've got a copy. What do you have to offer in trade? You can reach me at mike.weatherford@gmail.com, or through Blogger.